- JAUNT provides affordable public transportation for residents of Charlottesville, Albemarle, Fluvanna, Louisa, Nelson, and Buckingham (see spotlight below).
- Example Anti-Idling Policy from the City of Charlottesville
- Commuter Information maps out alternative transit choices in the Charlottesville area
- Rideshare provides a comprehensive list of transportation resources.
- The Alliance for Community Choice in Transportation (ACCT) is a network of Charlottesville groups dedicated to promoting sustainable transportation and land use. You can, for example, contact them for a bike mentor!
Top 5 Links
- Rideshare (Local)
- Teleworking (DC Area)
- Commuter connections (DC, Richmond, Hampton Roads)
- Commuter Tax Benefits Program Summary (Reduces Employer and Employee Taxes)
- Lunch n’ Learn: Stop Throwing Your Money Down the Drain
Tips for reducing water, energy and fuel costs
Tuesday, March 20th, 11:00 AM−1:00 PM
Albemarle County Building, McIntire Rd, 2nd Floor Lobby/Room 235 (map)
Local Business Snapshots
- JAUNT is a regional public transportation system that runs in Charlottesville and surrounding counties. They provide an affordable mode of transportation for residents, taking them to work, doctor’s appointments, grocery shopping and other activities. Everyday JAUNT provides an alternative to driving alone and effectively contributes to traffic reduction.
- Check out JAUNT’s mission: “Central Virginians get where they need to go safely, efficiently and affordably while respecting the environment.”